Saturday, September 2, 2017

Martin de Porres/Martin von Porres



Our campus bookstore has been carrying Gary Schmidt's picture book Martin de Porres: The Rose in the Desert for a long time and I always thought I would love to have a copy.  Yesterday, when I was passing by their sales rack, I saw it was on sale for $ 2.00.  Needless to say, I bought it!  Peter read it to Flora and she really, really likes it.  I remember reading a book for older children about him to Jonathan, when he was in fifth grade (?), and I was very impressed by this saint.  There is also The Pied Piper of Peru, which is a beautiful book.

Ich habe ein neues Buch über den heiligen Martin von Porres gefunden.  Es war auf zwei Dollar runtergesetzt!  Das hat mich ganz glücklich gemacht, und Flora gefällt es sehr gut.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.