Thursday, January 18, 2018

Back to School/Wieder Schule

We are all working hard again.  Here a few picture of Monday.
Wir arbeiten wieder alle fleißig.  Hier sind einige Fotos von Montag.

 Sunrise early Monday
Sonnenaufgang am Montagmorgen

 Flora is doing a second block of  traditional crafts and house building.  Here she is making soap because we read about the process of soap making. 
Flora lernt wieder etwas mehr über alte Handwerke und Hausbau.  Hier macht sie gerade Seife.  

Flora's soap with herbs
Floras Kräuterseife

 We walked to the post office: Very cold!
Wir sind zur Post spaziert: Sehr kalt!



 Time for some religious crafting
Basteln im Religionsunterricht

 Veronika made this beautiful small grotto for Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Veronika hat diese wunderschöne Grotte für Unsere Liebe Frau von Guadalupe gemacht.

 Flora is learning about the real presence in Holy Communion.  She will be making her First Holy Communion this year.  
Flora lernt etwas zur Realpräsenz in der heiligen Kommunion, da sie im Frühjahr zur Erstkommunion gehen wird.


On Tuesday the birds watched us work and we watched them eat.
Am Dienstag schauten uns die Vögel bei der Arbeit zu und wir schauten ihnen beim Essen zu.

















 We made these caterpillars.  This was actually a left-over craft from our 12 Days of Christmas.  I had an activity for each day.
Dann haben wir diese Raupen gemacht.  Eigentlich wollten wir sie schon während der zwölf Weihnachtstage machen, aber wir sind nicht dazu gekommen.  Ich hatte eine neue Aktivität für jeden Tag der 12 Weihnachtstage.

 
 Somebody else is interested in the birds.
Noch jemand, der den Vögeln zuschaut.

 He always looks a bit mysterious.
Er sieht immer ein wenig geheimnisvoll aus.



 On Tuesday, I took some of our local dancers to ballet.  Right across from the library are several churches.
Am Dienstag habe ich einige Ballettmädchen von unserer Fahrgemeinschaft zum Ballett gefahren.  Gegenüber der Bücherei gibt es mehrere Kirchen.



And I got out some old chore cards I had made for Miriam and Veronika to use with Flora now.
Ich habe diese alten Aufgabenkärtchen für Flora hervorgeholt.  Ich habe sie früher für Miriam und Veronika benutzt.  

Today was another cold day.  Flora and I made candles.  
Heute war es auch kalt.  Flora und ich haben Kerzen gemacht.







 We added the wick after the wax had hardened a bit.
Den Docht haben wir erst später reingesteckt, nachdem das Wachs härter war.

Tomorrow, at 5:15 a.m., Miriam will drive to D.C. to attend the March For Life with a group from our parish/diocese.  She is very excited!  Charlotte had planned on going, but she wants to audition for a ballet summer intensive on Sunday and thought such a stressful trip would not be the best preparation for her audition.  Jonathan will also attend the March, but he won't leave until Friday.  They have two buses going from St. Vincent College, but they won't spend the night.  

Morgen um 5.15 Uhr! fährt Miriam mit einer Gruppe von unserer Gemeinde/Diözese nach Washington zum Marsch für das Leben.  Sie ist sehr aufgeregt!  Charlotte wollte auch mitfahren, aber dann hat sie sich umentschieden, weil sie sich am Sonntag für einen Sommerballettintensivkurs bewerben will und dafür auch vortanzen muß.  Die Fahrt nach Washington ist dafür ja nicht die beste Vorbereitung.  Jonathan fährt mit 200 anderen Studenten hin, aber seine Busse fahren erst Freitag um 5.00 Uhr ab.  Er wird in Washington nicht übernachten, nur maschieren.  



6 comments:

  1. Dear Eva, I like the idea of doing soap yourself! The grotto is nice - well done! Cats are just great ... Hope they all have a good time in Washington. The march is such a strong sign pro life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the base for the soap, it is quite easy to make and a great craft for children. They had a good time and I am glad they could go. It is good for young people to be part of a good cause.

      Delete
  2. You started thevwerk with a bang whereas I am still limping along! Ben and I got sick again with a virus and the commute to college is crippling my health. Did you download a chore form with the pictures? I know you are busy but would you briefly share what pages you followed in the live ed and pioneer book this week? Once I have a tough jump start I know that I should be able to work things out. Sorry to be a pain! Also Pip should be doing her first communion prep which resources are you using for Flora? San xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am also not quite organized, just my main lessons have been planned :). Too bad that you got sick again. There is a nasty flu going around on campus and many professors and students are getting sick. They are getting so sick that they end up in the emergency room. I do hope that this will not happen to us!

      I do have the chore book and have found it very helpful (from the site I linked to). I will share my plans again on the weekend. Right now I am in the middle of planning German 205. I was so foolish to choose a new book because I was intrigued by it, but now I am stuck with lots of prep time! For First Communion, take a look at my links here. Most ideas are based on these resources. I have used them with all children, but have an older edition of the plans. The new one looks great! I will start with shelters and house building for Flora next week and will send you details.

      Delete
    2. Eva you are a star and a fab friend, what would I do without you?!!!! I will keep you in prayers that you all remain healthy and that you manage to finish your German prep :-) Pip is off exploring in the garden right now (9:00AM) and so I will check out the First Communion links and kick start the day. Much love and God Bless xxxx

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, San! I also hope that we won't get that flu. Where Jonathan is, there was a young man who died from it! Good luck with your work and great that Pip is outdoors!

      Delete

Welcome and leave a comment, if you like. I look forward to reading your lines.

Willkommen auf meinem Blog. Über einen Kommentar würde ich mich sehr freuen.